Sunday, July 19, 2009

Secrets of the Y Chromosome

As most of you know I have worked with DNA for the past nine years. I see all kinds of things that can be detected using DNA. I think I am going to do a research study on the Y chromosome and its secrets. Yes it has secrets.

The first secret is that all boys are born with a hollow leg. This hollow leg is for hoarding food. They can eat you out of house and home. Justin is ready to buy a padlock for the refrigerator. Spencer who still only weighs 20 pounds wet, can eat and eat and eat and EAT. We honestly don't know where he puts it (the hollow leg of course). For instance he decided he wants to be in college, why might you ask, his lunch on Sunday consisted of a entire grilled cheese sandwich and 1/2 hot dog. Most starving young college students would be full after that meal. Spencer was not. Boys do not have "full meters." They are hungry all the time.

The second secret isn't much of a secret to boys, but rather disturbing to girls. For boys, the whole world is a urinal. Enough said.

The third secret is electronics. Boys are drawn to them. They have buttons and gadgets; things light up and make noises. Sadly, the fascination with electronics never ends.

I am positive there are more yet to be discovered secrets of boys that have yet to be written on this blog. Some I can already think of, but will not share those details with the world. I will just shake my head and think, "Madison wasn't like this."

Spencer LOVES spaghetti and macaroni and cheese. He DOES NOT know how to eat piece by piece, he eats by the handful.

ENJOY your laughter for the day!




3 comments:

Natashia said...

All my brothers had the hollow leg syndrome. This cracks me up!

Becky said...

The world IS their urinal...AMEN to that!

theharrisgirl said...

Adorable! Just think how much he will eat when he is 12.