Madison was on spring break this week. We couldn't really go anywhere for a big trip, so Justin and I each took some time this week to do some smaller things close to home.
On Wednesday, I took her to Arcadia, OK on Route 66. We went to "Pops."
Pops is a diner as well as having hundreds of different types of soda pops in bottles. You name it, they have it.
Our wait was supposed to be an hour, but it only took about 15 minutes.
While waiting we looked at the coolers filled with every imaginable flavor of soda and picked out 6 to take home.
Our final selections were:
1. Nehi grape
2. Sun Crest orange
3. Faygo root beer
4. Big Red cream soda
5. Izze pomagrante
6. Red Rock saspirilla
So, Madison and I both got burgers, she got fries and I chose onion rings.
We had a lot of fun sitting there watching all of the waiters making REAL shakes, malts, sundaes - you name it!
After watching all of those delicious treats being made, we decided that we needed a taste of the desserts. To my surprise, they had cherry cobbler. I am huge fan of cherry or peach cobbler, cherry being my favorite. They had both that day. Misty was a happy camper.
Madison enjoyed her carmel sundae. We decided we better walk off some of the food, so we headed outside to the very tall, giant pop bottle.
SO, if you want to get your kicks on route 66, stop in Arcadia and check out Pops. You might have to wait awhile, but it was worth it. LOVED IT!
SO, if you want to get your kicks on route 66, stop in Arcadia and check out Pops. You might have to wait awhile, but it was worth it. LOVED IT!
2 comments:
I've never been there but i've heard it's awesome! Chesapeake's CEO owns that place so
I'm not surprised that it's great
We keep meaning to get out to Pop's we just haven't done it yet. I did some student teaching in Arcadia so I've always had a love for that small town.
Post a Comment