Saturday, May 7, 2011

She Did It!

Last night were the junior high awards and I don't think I could be prouder of Madison. Back in March she was nominated for the Moore Service League's Outstanding Youth Award. Three 7th graders from the five junior highs were nominated. Here were the requirements:




  • Individually nominated by a teacher, counselor and the principal.


  • Three letters of recommendation (one school official, one community leader, one by anyone who knew her).


  • Resume listing her awards and community service.


  • An interview with three school officials


  • A written essay the day of the interview


This award was the first award of the evening and she WON! I was sitting in the third row of the auditorium and I swear people in Alaska could see me smiling. She won a $5o US Savings Bond for being a nominee and a $100 US Savings Bond for winning.

Waiting to see if she won.


She also brought won awards for:


  • Oklahoma Junior Honor Society

  • President's Education Award (yep, signed by the President - pretty darn cool, even though it is mass produced)

  • Medal for having 4.0 or higher (you can actually have a 5.0 because of AP classes)

  • Medal for having straight A's

Out of the above awards I was most impressed with her having straight A's. There were many kids that had 4.0 or higher, but there was only a handful that had straight A's. Madison is in all Pre-AP classes, so she earned A's in all of those. Such a smart cookie!

I am sighing now, thinking about what a great daughter she is. She is smart (no doubt on that one), but she is a great leader and role model.

4 comments:

Natashia said...

Way to go Madison! Those are all great achievements!

Becky said...

We are so proud of Madi! And you know she got to this point because you are wonderful parents!

Shyla said...

Congrats Madison! Great job!

Clay said...

That is awesome ... woo hoo