Sunday, February 12, 2012

Calendar of Events


I am a planner. I like to know things waaaay in advance so they get on my calendar. My calendar is full and color coded. Did I mention my calendar is FULL to the brim? No, I am not a social butterfly. In fact I don’t even have a social life. My second home is in my van toting Madison around to her gazillion events. We wouldn’t have a gazillion events IF we were told about many of them waaaay ahead of time.  We would not have over-committed if we actually knew about some of this stuff, but many of these we are given a week or two notice. Hardly time to figure out how to clone yourself and daughter.


You see, it is easy to commit your child to an activity in August when your calendar says March is clear. It is a lot harder to continue the activities (that you have already committed to) when school and church throw in activities that you knew nothing about.
So, we try and get to everything we are supposed to. I try and make sure that Madi is eating well and getting her homework done. But weeks, upon weeks of running around to and fro, something is bound to happen.
She is S.I.C.K.

Madison is my healthy girl. She rarely gets sick, but when she does, it is bad. So the running around has finally stopped. No dance class, no school, no extra Saturday dance class, no church and no confirmation classes. Period. End of Story. She isn’t going anywhere. Mom and dad aren’t going anywhere.
We all need a Red Bull to get through March and then we should be good, that is until marching band starts in May……


2 comments:

Becky said...

I hope she is feeling better and you guys can get back on track. Boy do we need these kids to turn 16.

Shyla said...

Hope Madison gets well soon!