panic as I held onto Spencer with both arms, I felt myself slipping and falling down the stairs. I landed with a huge thud, waking my brother and Madison up. Justin hurried back around to us. Spencer was fine and Justin took him and then the adrenaline wore off and the pain in my toe and foot began. Madison came down the stairs to help me while Justin fed Spencer. Madison was such a help in getting me an ice pack and staying with me. I stayed in the chair with an ice pack until early morning. My brother got up to make breakfast for everyone and got me a new ice pack.
The rest of the household got up and we enjoyed watching the kids open presents and Spencer played with the bows.
My brother had been fighting a stuffy nose and cold when we arrived and by the end of the night, I to was stuffy and beginning to get sick. The next day I was still stuffy, but took lots of OTC medicine and it kept the worst of it at bay. Saturday came and my head cold was gone, but my stomach was queasy. I spent all of Saturday either in bed or in the bathroom with a stomach bug. Pepto bismol was my best friend. We were supposed to leave on Sunday, but once again, I spent it in bed. I was able to eat by the end of the night and felt well enough to go home on Monday. Needless to say, I WON'T forget this Christmas, but I can say I've had better! The pictures are in no order, just a recap of the week in Iowa.
Spencer asleep in Grandma Connie's arms holding tight to her finger.
Madison on Christmas morning, showing off a new electronic toy.
Spencer in his "Little Man" shirt for Christmas day.
Spencer playing and talking with his new friend, a stuffed bear.
Carly watching Madison play with her Nintendo DS.
Madison, Carly and Spencer on Christmas morning.
In short, we had a good trip. It was long and a little odd, but it was with family. I hope everyone had a good holiday. It is now Monday and we all have to get back into the swing of things. Let the organized chaos begin once again.
No comments:
Post a Comment