Sorry, there are now cute photos or updated pictures on this post, just rambling of a very tired and worn out mom. I actually have pictures, but I'm too tired to get them off of the camera and upload them. The past week has been going non stop and I would like to get off the roller coaster sometime soon.
It started last Thursday with a phone call from daycare that Spencer had pink eye. We had one person on vacation at work and if I left that would only leave one person in the lab. Justin wasn't available, so I left to get Spencer, knowing I would have to go back in to work later that evening. Justin and I worked out a plan that he would work from home on Friday and stay with Spencer. I went home and waited until Justin came home and headed back to work.
Friday:
Justin is SICK, very sick. He wasn't going anywhere or taking care of anyone but himself. I called my boss, who graciously agreed to let me bring Spencer to work with me for a couple of hours until I could take him to daycare. He would be allowed to go to day care if his eye was not discharging any goop. Spencer did great and slept for about an 1 1/2. Once he woke up, he said hi to the ladies in the office and we left for daycare. I went back to work (only a 1/2 drive each way) and finished up until early evening. Once I got home, I had to prepare for a baby shower that I was co-hosting the next day. Off to Wally World for a few groceries and to purchase makeup for Madison's dance dress rehearsal on Monday.
Saturday: Justin is better, but still not great. Spencer now had a barking cough and BOTH eyes were now red, goopy and sealed shut! I was off to host a baby shower for my dear friend Christina and returned about 5pm. We did the usual stuff, dinner, dishes, wash laundry, fold laundry, put laundry away, make bottles, and prep medicines. Spencer was up multiple times during the night fussing.
Sunday: Spencer was very fussy and his eyes still have goop in them. He is coughing and not eating well or taking a bottle. Madison has dance practice from 2-3pm and I was able to pick up all of the remaining items I needed for her dress rehearsal the next day. I went back to pick her up and we are given 288 more rhinestones (I had already been given 144 rhinestones earlier in the week) that have to be glued to her costume. We got home and Spencer was still being really fussy, he ended up sleeping on me for about an hour. We got dinner and dishes completed and decided to put in a movie. I was going to glue rhinestones during the movie. THREE hours later I had accomplished the task. It was 10pm and I was so sore from focusing on the tiny rhinestones. I have pictures, I will post them later. Spencer cried for almost 2 hours straight later that night; he was miserable. He only slept for about a 1/2 hour or so at a time. I don't think I got 3 hours of sleep that night.
Monday: Justin is still sick and Spencer went to the doctor. After the visit with the doctor it was determined that he had pink eye in both eyes, a virus and an ear infection in his left ear. Justin headed to the pharmacy to load up on prescriptions and went home. I came straight home after work (home at 6pm) to get Madison prepared for her dress rehearsal which was at 7:30pm. Her hair was a pain in the butt because it is supposed to be in a 1/2 pony tail and her hair is just too short. LOTS of bobby pins and hairspray. Her make up wasn't so bad, but the fake eyelashes (yes, I said fake eyelashes) were a bit tricky. We learned later on that I need to use more glue. Off to the dance studio and kudos from her teacher with my gluing expertise with rhinestones. By the end of the night it was decided that their costumes still didn't have enough sparkle, thus we have to add an additional 216 rhinestones to the front of the costume! Happy gluing.
Tuesday: Spencer's eyes look much better and he headed off to day care. He fussed and puked up a lot of mucus during the day. Justin stayed home and made a doctor's appointment to find out what the heck is wrong with him. He has been off and on sick for about a month. He needs to get better because school starts up again on Tuesday. I fed Spencer and tried to put him in pajamas. I went through three pairs of pajamas until I found a pair that fit him. He is getting so long. He only weighs 15 pounds, but I'm afraid we are going to have to break out the 6-9 month clothes because of the length. The poor little guy has jeans that will fit his legs, but he has no tummy or butt to hold them up. They just slide right off! I went through his 6-9 month clothes and took tags off the items that he received for Christmas. Thus, more laundry.
Wednesday: I worked late while Justin picked up Spencer and Madison to take her to the district science fair. The projects had to be set up today by 7pm. Spencer is doing better, but still coughing and he has lots of mucus. He is also eating better. Dinner was Chinese take out and it is amazing how good food tastes when you don't have to cook it.
Tomorrow Justin and Madison have dentists appointments and we have to pick up the science fair project. Friday is supposed to be a girls night at Chili's with my friends from Girl Scouts. Saturday is a two hour dance meeting, haircuts and more laundry. Sunday and Monday is dance practice again.
I'm tired, goodnight.
2 comments:
Sounds like you have had the craziest week ever!
WoW! I'll keep your sanity in my prayers. Did Justin figure out what was wrong with him?
Post a Comment