Yesterday started out as any other Monday - it was Monday and I really didn't want to be at work. My cell phone rang about noon and it was day care. Uh - oh, that was my first thought. Ya see, day care doesn't call ya to tell you that your son is being a wonderful angel or he just said a new word. They call because something is wrong.
I could hear a child screaming in the background and Sonya (Spencer's teacher), said, don't worry that isn't your son. Whew.
With that said, Sonya begins to explain that Spencer has been falling down, falling down a lot. Unfortunately he used his face as landing gear. His tooth had a blood blister right above the tooth and the tooth itself had started to discolor. He wasn't in pain and everything else seemed okay, she was just calling me to let me know.
Okay, so not too bad. I'll take a look at it when I pick him up from daycare. I walk into daycare at 5:45 and the first thing I see is blood all over Sonya's shirt.
"Please tell me that is not my son's blood all over you."
Uh, yeah. Well, he fell again and hit the same spot on his mouth and the second time it did bleed. His mouth looked pretty gross, but the doctor's office was closed, so we would wait until morning.
Justin and I both talked that Spencer had been falling a lot over the past week and he always looked drunk when he was walking. The poor guy walked into two doors this weekend.
This morning we decided that we better take him in to the doctor; we were concerned that te had fluid in his ears again and it was messing up his balance.
So first things first, his tooth is TBA - if it turns grey or begins to darken, we will have to take him to a pediatric dentist. Not cool - Spencer only has four teeth, he can't afford to have any go missing!
Second of all, his ears. BOTH ears have fluid in them and it is a matter of time before they get infected. So as a preventative measure, he is going back on an antibiotic and adding the Claritin to his already daily dose of Singulair. This is to try and keep an infection from forming until we FINALLY, yes FINALLY get to go see an ENT (Ear, Nose, & Throat) doctor. We go there on Nov. 11th. Our doctor thinks that Spencer will have no problems qualifying for tubes. Thank goodness, we have only been pushing to go see an ENT, since the first 5 ear infections and 4 antibiotics since April.
So with that said, Spencer chews with his back gums and doesn't try to take a bite out of anything. He continues to walk crooked and fall a lot, so we have had to keep our eye on him a bit more than usual.
3 comments:
Poor Kiddo. Hopefully you will get some answers on the 11th!
Poor little guy. I am so glad he is going to finally get tubes. We've all known he's needed them for months! I wonder what took the doctors so long to get clued in.
Poor baby! His little ears are just struggling aren't they. I hope this round of antibiotics helps out.
Post a Comment