Monday, February 15, 2010

18 months and Counting

Spencer is now 18 months old. He had his well check on Monday and no shots. That was a great surprise! I thought I would update everyone on him and his growing personality.

First the stats: no real changes. He is 25 pounds (25-50%) and 32 1/2 inches long (50%).

According to his feeding profile, he should be able to use a spoon effectively. Well, I guess he didn't get the letter on this. We always give him a fork and spoon, but he doesn't usually use them and if he does, he doesn't do it well.

He enjoys his books, rolling a ball or truck back and forth and playing with Haree (Harley). He absolutely loves to take things out and put them back in. It could be laundry in and out of a basket or Little People in and out of a bucket. He will do it over and over again.

He hates socks, always has. He constantly pulls his socks off and you can find them in the crib, on the floor or the couch.

He finds delight in "helping" and following basic instructions. He finds Sissy's phone and he runs with glee to give it to her. He absolutely must take the dirty diaper and throw it in the diaper pail. Cleaning up the toys is such a fun game to him. It is so much fun to grab toys quickly and dump them into the toy bin only to dump it out again.

He can climb on the couch by himself. He will go and sit down next to the shoes for you to put his shoes on him and then asks for his hat. If you are sitting on the floor, you are fair game: he will grab a book and plop between your legs and "read."

He is very particular on what he wants mom to do and what he wants dad to do. Dad must be the one to give him a bath and put him to bed. I must feed him and generally be around him all the time. I guess we each have our roles, he has just determined them for us.

He plays fetch with Harley, but lately Harley hasn't been bringing the ball back (I think Harley is jealous).

Sorry, no pictures. I will try to get some soon. I have another post to be working on.

1 comment:

Becky said...

My little boy sure is growing up!