Friday, July 9, 2010

Guitar Heroine

Madison has been wanting to learn to play the guitar for a few years now. We had put it off as nothing series, but when the community college offered guitar classes, we gave in. Our hope was to purchase a used guitar or rent one. Well, that didn't happen. We couldn't find any decent used ones and it was pointless to spend the money on renting one, so we ended buying one.

Not just a guitar but, a FENDER guitar. Holy cow this thing is beautiful! Madison offered to pay half since it was a bit more than what we were planning on spending.
I had never seen a real guitar up close and I am still amazed at how beautiful it is.


You can see the wood grain.

The back is mahogany.
She started classes on Monday (the only girl in the class) and has learned how to tune it, play chords and more. She is my budding rock star!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I can't wait to hear her play! I told her she's going to have to come back and teach me because i've always wanted to learn too! :)

Becky said...

Maybe she can teach Tony to play after she finishes her class...hehehe.

Shyla said...

Looks like fun! Good luck Madison!

Kayla said...

Bring your guitar in November! You and Zach can give us a concert!