Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hoarding

I'm sure many of you have seen the TLC show "Hoarding." I find it repulsive, yet I watch. How do people get that way? About three weeks ago, we adopted a Shi Tzu from the local shelter and named her Moxie. Being a shelter dog, we didn't know anything about her. Here is what we have learned:
  • She likes stuffed animals (ALOT)
  • She had been fed table food
  • She likes to "dig" in the bed
  • She likes to attack your hand for no reason at all
  • She likes to go and visit the neighbor's yard by digging in the mud and sliding underneath
  • She likes to "attack" your feet when you get home
  • She likes Madison's fuzzy green slippers (ALOT), probably because they look like a stuffed animal
  • She is NOT the cuddly little lap dog that I wanted so bad

With that being said, Spencer has decided that he really doesn't care too much for her. He feels a need to hide his toys (typically under his butt or legs). When he has more items than his butt can handle, he moves them into the recliner. In the corner, he will place 2-3 books, plastic fake food (typically the can of soup), his orange tow truck, his stuffed monkey and 1-2 of his blankets. On top of this heap, he will add a couch pillow to discretely disguise his treasures that lie underneath.

He has been doing this for about two weeks now, so I think he is afraid that Moxie will take his toys.

A few nights ago, it went into full hoarding mode when I found him in his bedroom surrounded by every toy in his room. Yes, there was two whole walls that were completely cleaned out and and it was all piled up around him with his favorite couch pillow right next to him.


So, when the TLC executives start calling, I am for sure we will make it onto the show. After all in order to be on TLC you either have to dress really badly, have a ton of kids, be of small stature or have an OCD illness.

5 comments:

Natashia said...

Too cute!

Becky said...

Ha! I hope things get better with Moxie!

Shyla said...

Poor Spencer. His world just got changed :(

Clay said...

Next he will be building forts out of the couch ... fun ... oh wait forget I just said that ... when can we babysit again?

theharrisgirl said...

I love it that we have so many of the same toys!
:) Very cute.