Sunday, August 22, 2010

Scrapbook Convention

Yesterday I left the house at 5:30am, stopped by Starbucks for a vanilla latte and picked up my friend Rae and headed to Tulsa. I spent the day and night with some of my scrapbook buddies, Rae, Karla and Tammy. Each year Creating Keepsakes magazine puts on a scrapbook convention. Our very nice young valet was brave and asked, "what is a crop party?" Later on our engineer fixing the room's air conditioner asked, "do your husband's understand why you do this?"
It got me thinking about why I scrapbook. Justin said it was because I enjoy it, which is true, but there is more to it than that. I work in a medical laboratory. My degree is in chemistry and my day to day duties involve molecular biology. I use the left side of my brain most of the time. Scrapbooking is an outlet for me to use the other half of my brain. I love the preservation of the stories behind the photographs. I love the process to create a layout and put it together. I love scrapbooking with friends because we all share our stories, ideas and inspiration with another.

Scrapbooking is a love hate relationship: I love it, but it also can be frustrating and expensive. I often wonder what will happen to the scrapbooks I have done years down the road. Will I give them to my children or keep them for myself. Will I continue to scrapbook? I think I will, because I love photography and whether it be putting pictures into an album, creating a layout on the computer or posting my thoughts to a blog, it is a scrapbooking to me.

With that being said, here are a few of my favorite items/companies.

Quick Quotes Canvas Kits.


These canvas kits are amazing. So beautiful. They come in lots of colors with all the directions. I can't wait to get one of these.

The Paper Loft - one of these BEST paper companies that I have found besides Little Yellow Bicycle
Dude Collection - a great set of papers and embellishments for all the guys in your life.


Cosmic - I fell in love with this set immediately. "I Love You To the Moon and Back" - melted my heart - FABULOUS



Lots of cool products, now to find the time to use all of them.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Great post. I think you have inspired for my post of day 24...I'll have to check out the Paper Loft...I am on the hunt to get better "guy" paper for Quinn's book.