Saturday, December 11, 2010

Broken Rules

So after my last post I received more comments than ever. Maybe I need to vent more often, ya think? Anyway, I have already broke two of my rules of things I wasn't going to do, the Christmas letter and Christmas cards. I like receiving the cards and I figure someone out there does to, so it is MY JOB to ensure that they get more Christmas cards. I see it as spreading good cheer. As for the Christmas letter goes, it was short and simple and I am only putting in those cards for family and friends that I haven't seen or talked to very often.

While writing out cards we watched to classic Christmas movies. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. Madison thought is was really cool because they are reading the play in school and she is the ghost of Christmas Present.

After that we watched another classic, A Christmas Story. I LOVE RALPHY. I don't think we actually watched the movie, I think we just recited it. We enjoyed some ice cream from Rusty's Frozen Custard. By the way, ice cream in December is just not a good idea = freezing!


All in all we had a good family night and enjoyed our time together.

2 comments:

Shyla said...

Feel free to brake your rules. But only if you're doing it because you want to and not because you feel pressure to do a certain thing.

Becky said...

Christmas Story is a holiday MUST!!