Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas and the Emergency Room

The Wednesday before Christmas started like any other. I took the kids to school and Justin took Spencer to daycare. Unfortunately, things changed quickly. Justin was helping Spencer at daycare and aggravated an existing pinched nerve in his back. He struggled throughout the day. My mom arrived from Iowa that evening and while she stayed with the kids, we went to the ER. I have to say that the doctor that treated him listened very well and treated him quickly (two shots) and prescriptions for pain medicine.
I was in panic mode considering that we were to leave on Dec. 26th for a vacation to San Antonio.
Christmas arrived with much excitement (primarily from Madison because Spencer didn't understand). The kids had to wait for Justin to get up (zonked out on pain medicines and muscle relaxers), so we had a late start.

Madison FLIPPED out at the sight of her Kindle. It happened to be her last gift. Notice the stack of books on the fireplace behind her. As of typing this, she has already finished two of them. YES, she NEEDED a Kindle.
Spencer was still a bit perplexed. He enjoyed stacking and sorting the presents more than actually opening them. Once he opened the first present, he wanted it ALL the way opened up. Needless to say he will be able to build until the year 2020 with all of his LEGOS and his army men will guard the forts. His primary focus was the stockings. The stockings contained chocolate. Enough said.
We had a lovely Christmas with my mom and the day was spent cleaning and packing for our trip.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I hope J's back is doing better. I am super excited that Madi got a kindle...she's gonna love it.

Sarah said...

Awww what an awesome mom you are for getting her a kindle! I love mine! :)