Sunday, November 13, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness

There have been many postings on Facebook lately with everyone’s “Thirty Days of Thankfulness.” A fellow blogger suggested that this be summed up in a single blog post. I have purposely omitted the three most important people in my life, my husband and two children. This list is more about the little things in life that I am thankful fore. So, here goes in particular order.



  1. T-shirts. I wear them to work, on the weekends and to bed. Soft jersey cotton ones are the best.

  2. Diet Dr. Pepper, seriously, thankful for this.

  3. My van. I spend an absurd amount of my time driving. Driving to/from work, daycare, dance class, guitar lessons, the grocery store and the gas station. I love that I can pop in a Disney movie and listen to the radio at the same time.

  4. Friends are the best. I’m not sure what I would have done over the past year without some amazing friends.

  5. My job.

  6. Post it notes, sharpies and highlighters. Yes this could have been three items, but they all kinda go together.

  7. My camera. What a creative outlet this has become.

  8. Glasses - can’t wear contacts.

  9. My house. New, bigger and better, but most importantly it is OUR HOME.

  10. Kuerig coffee maker. Coffee any time of the day, one cup at a time. Yum!

  11. Music. Michael Buble, Pink, Martina McBride, you name it, I like it.

  12. Sesame Street on DVR - 1 hour of quiet time.

  13. Facebook - love/hate relationship.

  14. Cell phone - primarily no long distance calls from the land line.

  15. Tornado shelters.

  16. Dogs. I love my two dogs, Harley and Moxie. Unconditional love and wagging tails.

  17. My laptop.

  18. Air conditioning. Spend a summer in Oklahoma and you will be thankful as well.

  19. Washer and dryer.

  20. Doctors, especially pediatricians that KNOW their stuff.

  21. Sarcasm.

  22. Planners. Oh, how I could not live without (marked up with highlighters and post-it notes of course).

  23. Food. I like food.

  24. Wizard 101 - the only computer game I play (or can figure out).

  25. Scrapbook paper….so many choices, so little time.

  26. Fenced in yard. I’m not a fan of getting up and walking the dogs on a leash when it is cold (or rainy or windy) outside.

  27. Craft stuff. Nothing particular. I like it all.

  28. Healthy children. I see way too much bad stuff on a daily basis.

  29. Freedom. Need I say more.

  30. A bed to sleep in at night instead of outside in the cold.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Great list! I could ditto almost everyone of those!