Friday, December 2, 2011

A Thanksgiving With Family

Justin and I were sent on work trips the week before Thanksgiving and my mom was AWESOME enough to come from Iowa to hold down the fort. With the help of a GPS and lots of notes from me. She took over as mom and dad for four full days. I think we would have been lost without her.
My brother, his wife and her mother and my niece all headed down from Iowa the Wed. before Thanksgiving.
Spencer and Carly (my niece) played and played until they couldn't keep their eyes open. I loved watching the cousins play. We don't get to see it happen as often as I wish.
We ate, watched a lot of football and relaxed.
On Saturday, Justin and my brother Chad went wild boar hunting. While I don't think I do the hunting tales justice in this blog, let's just say that they had a good time and my brother doesn't like Oklahoma weather.


We snapped a few family photos while we had everyone in one place. This is my brother, his mother in-law Dixie, my niece, Carly and sister in-law Julie.

I loved having them down and especially loved having enough space for everyone in the new house.



2 comments:

Becky said...

Oh my gosh! Carly is so big now.

Shyla said...

What a great Thanksgiving! Too much fun :)!