I check the mail after work almost every day. So, I had a weird piece of mail in the mailbox. It was a small envelope and really thick. There was no return address and the postmark said it was mailed June 4th from Ardmore, OK (about 90 miles south of here, close to the Texas border). The handwriting was in old style cursive and it was definitely an elderly person's handwriting.
What the heck?
Who do I know in Ardmore?
OMG, could it be?
NO WAY!
I ripped open the letter and YEP!
The entire contents of my STOLEN WALLET.
No kidding.
So here's the scenario that I see in my head regarding how I got this stuff back.
The punk that stole my wallet was probably with his grandma at the Children's Hospital. He swipes the wallet and takes it back home to Ardmore (where he undoubtedly lives with his grandma).
Dear old Grandma probably finds the wallet while cleaning up after Jr. You know she is furious and lays into him about stealing the wallet. Knowing that she has to do the right thing, she sends the contents back anonymously and then lays into Jr. again about stealing and being a good for nothing grandson. Then she proceeds to yell at him even more about how hard she had it picking cotton and walking to school on a gravel road with holes in her shoes. Oh, yeah, you know the Grandma types I'm talkin about.
So, I got my stuff back. It still sucked and it caused me a huge headache, but I bet Jr. (wherever he may be) got whalloped upside the head by his Grandma!
HA!
.jpg)
2 comments:
That is amazing! I'm glad you got all your stuff back :)
To restate what I've already said about this....WOW!
Post a Comment