I love polka dots and especially love pink polka dots. Polka dots just make me smile. Today they made me frown. The pink polka dots were all over Spencer's body. They were tiny, flat red bumps that covered his belly, back, legs, diaper area, arms and face. We headed to the doctor. On a side note, we have visited our doctor's office about every two weeks since January and in some instances, more than twice in the same week.
I knew it wasn't chicken pox, but I was really perplexed as to what it was. Spencer had been cranky (to put it lightly) since Saturday, but otherwise no apparent symptoms. His normal happy, go, lucky self was anything but happy. So the PA declared that the rash was roseola. A simple virus that produces a rash and very high fever. We probably didn't notice the fever because we had been giving him tylenol to help ease the teething pain. Oh, did I mention his left ear is infected AGAIN. Yep, 4th time around. Once nice thing is that the PA didn't even mess with amoxicillin or augmentin. NOPE, went straight for the zithromax, the stuff that works!
On a happier note, Spencer now has two teeth, his second bottom tooth came through.
So, for the next day or so, I will be giving some extra love to my polka dotted, cranky boy.
3 comments:
Natalie had roseola at about his age too. At least the rash shouldn't last too long and is not itchy or anything - and they told us the fever usually goes away when the rash shows up (that's how it was in our case). Hope you get through it quick! Natalie also has an EI that just won't go away! Ugh!!
Poor little guy. No wonder he was acting weird. I would to if I was about to break out into weird red bumps. Is he contagious?
My poor little baby boy! Yay for new teeth!! Boo for the rash and fever! Take care of all of you and let me know if you need me to keep the kiddos...I could use some Spencie lovins!
Post a Comment