He has lightning fast speed.
He can read your mind.
He has telepathy and can change your thoughts.
He can make your heart stop.
Did I mention he has a foot fetish?
Let me begin with the lightning fast speed.
Spencer has been crawling for about 3 weeks. Last weekend he figured out that he could move; I mean REALLY move. On Sunday, he decided to play with our tall fluted lamp. I picked him up and moved him away from the lamp and in nanosecond speed...CRASH, OUCH!
The lamp landed on my head! You see, no one realizes that nanosecond speed exists until you have a child crawling in your house. Those who have had children, soon forget that this speed exists, but they are quickly reminded (in nanosecond speed of course) how easily a child slips underneath of your feet.
Spencer has also learned to read your mind. He looks at you KNOWING that he is going to get moved away from the stereo system and takes off crawling (in nanosecond speed). It is a race, who can get there the fastest. He can read your mind and knows that he will be caught and picked up, he lunges forward to just get a grasp of the precious, untouchable stereo glass doors.
Telepathy, yes, he can change your thoughts. I came around the corner to find Spencer playing in piles of dirt from my houseplants and he had dirt and potting soil in his hands, mouth and hair. SPENCER! was the first thing out of my mouth. I couldn't believe it, what a mess. TELEPATHY: "mommy I am so cute, you couldn't get mad at me!"
He can make your heart stop.
Spencer has given me two heart stopping moments in a week. Last weekend he went down for a nap and he was talking a bit too much, so I went to check on him. My heart STOPPED in its tracks. There he was standing straight up in his crib. He just learned to crawl and he hadn't pulled himself up on anything, until now. He was inches away from tumbling over the side of the crib. Needless to say, he got rocked to sleep that day and daddy lowered the crib 2 notches just to be safe.
You notice the above picture with the plants and dirt. A NANOSECOND after I removed him from this area and cleaned it up, within a nanosecond he was back. I picked him up to move him and he needed a diaper change. As I was changing him, out of his mouth comes a cactus leaf. My heart stopped again. YES - the poison control center was called within a nanosecond! Thank goodness it wasn't toxic. So my house plants are now outside waiting for a new home.
Foot fetish. Spencer has always had a fascination with his feet, his sisters feet, my feet, his socks, daddy's slippers and anything else that goes on a foot. He constantly removes his socks and sometimes tries to eat them. His little 2 month old friend Haley was in the bouncer seat and he decided that she did not require socks either. Spencer's new toy are shoelaces. The next step was putting sandals on his feet. NO, no, no and no - he absolutely did not like shoes on his feet. He threw a fit until I removed them. He was happy once he could play and chew on them.
So, you see, I really DO have a superhero in my house!
3 comments:
What a silly boy!
I think the real superheroes in the house are the parents!
I love that his little knees are red in the pictures from all this crawling!
Post a Comment