Thursday, September 3, 2009

Who's the Doctor?


Little Man has been down with an ear infection since Monday. Monday night was horrible, oh well let me think, so was Tuesday and Wednesday night as well. We had to visit Urgent Care due to the fact that my peds office let two people go on vacation at the same time (what were they thinking). So, a LONG and scary wait in the Urgent Care lobby and finally the diagnosis is an ear infection on Tuesday. Okay, wait, it gets better. While I appreciate the doctor (yes, I use this term lightly) asking us what antibiotics he has been on in the past and prescribed one of those we listed, I am NOT the doctor. I shouldn't be making that decision. The prescribed antibiotic should be one that is effective and appropriate for the bacteria that is causing the infection.


So after four days of a temperature of over 100 degrees and alternating Motrin and Tylenol every four hours just keep the his temperature under control, I called the Children's Hospital on call nurse at 5am. Her simply explanation is: the antibiotic isn't working.


We are headed back to the doctor today (our ped doctor) and hopefully we can get this under control. Justin and I have missed work and school all of this week and missed a lot of sleep. The only thing that seems to calm him down is sitting outside on the porch swing. Granted, it is usually in the middle of the night, but I don't really care as long as it keeps him from crying. If it isn't the swing, I am carrying him around swaying or bouncing him.

My back and sanity really needs him to get better.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

How terrible! Poor little guy and poor Mom & Dad! Hope he gets better FAST!!!

Becky said...

Poor little man! And poor Mom and Dad too! I hope the doctor can give you something that will work quickly! Call us if you need us to help with anything!

Shyla said...

Poor baby! I thought he was on the road to recovery Tuesday night. So sad he's back to being sick.