Spencer had his 12 month check up today. I was surprised to learn that he is only 20 pounds 14 ounces. This puts him in the 10-25 percentile for his weight. I really thought we had cracked 22 pounds, primarily due to the fact that he eats so much. His height is in the 50-75 percentile, so I guess he is just growing taller. Things went great because he has been on cow's milk for almost a month and he has been off of bottles for about 3 weeks. He has been walking for awhile now, so there really wasn't much to discuss with the PA.
Vaccinations were next. The kind nurse said he gets seven vaccinations today. SEVEN - are you kidding me? Where the heck were they going to put those seven vaccinations? There were only 5 (yeah right, only 5) needles because two of the vaccinations were doubled into one shot.
No child likes getting shots; it isn't my favorite thing to do either, but come on, FIVE injections into his NOT so fat thighs. With each injection the horrible face and tears came. The time in between injections was just long enough that he thought it was over. WRONG. Needless to say after all injections, I have never seen Spencer look so angry as he did at that nurse. At least he wasn't mad at me.
2 comments:
Poor little guy! Five shots? I hated those days!
Totally with you! I couldn't even blog about our 1 year old dr. appt because it was so traumatic...for me! I am thinking of taking little man to the Health Dept from now on. I don't want him to hate doctors and nurses and/or be scared of them!
Post a Comment