Saturday, May 15, 2010

Indiana Trip Part 1

Traveling to Indiana with Spencer was a bit overwhelming. The flight out was good, he fell asleep and we didn't have to change planes in St. Louis. With the help of some very nice passengers, we got through just fine to find Grandma Doris and Grandpa Dan waiting for us. I took WAY too many pictures as usual, so here is the summary of what we did. I had to put this into two posts, so make sure you read both! Fun times.

Sunday: Grandma and I went shopping at one of the best outlet malls I have ever seen. I splurged and bought a Coach purse. Madison has since ooohhhh and ahhhh and tried to steal it (not gonna happen). Spencer checked out the place with looking into cupboards and navigating his way through the deck with Sam and Dylan (grandma and grandpa's two golden retrievers).


Monday: Spencer and I headed south about 20 minutes to Grandpa Willie's house. We ate at Buffalo Wild Wings and Spencer flirted his way through lunch, very cute. We headed back to the house and checked out the pond on the four wheeler cart. Spencer had an absolute blast and grinned ear to ear as we made our way around the pond.


He took a nice long nap. I had to of course get the picture with his butt sticking straight up in the air while he snoozed away.


After the much needed nap, Spencer played some golf. Grandpa Willie showed him out to swing and putt and he giggled with glee each time.


We enjoyed our walk around the pond watching the geese with the babies.

Late in the afternoon, the neighbors were out with their new motorized jeep and Spencer got to go for a ride. He wasn't too sure about that.

During dinner, I was kept in the loop of the tornadoes that were on the ground in Oklahoma. For those that know me, I literally have panic attacks with storms and especially tornadoes. Justin said, I was very luck NOT to be in Oklahoma. We all watched the weather channel and more and more I realized how very lucky that things were not worse.
Continued on Post #2.

No comments: