Saturday, May 15, 2010

Indiana Trip Part 2 - VERY EXCITING DAY

Tuesday a VERY EXCITING DAY!: This was the day that Spencer and I got to meet Heather and Hudson. Heather and I both had blogs regarding our boys. We were introduced to each other's blogs by a mutual friend and Hudson and Spencer were born about 12 hours apart. For the last 1 1/2 years we have shared our ups and downs of rearing rambunctious little boys with each other as well as our blogs. We took full advantage of my trip to Indiana and met for lunch. The boys didn't seem nearly as interested in each other as Heather and I were. We took LOTS of pictures, but it was darn near impossible to get both of these boys to look at the same camera at the same time. It was too short of a visit, but I know we will continue to share our experiences with each other as we watch our boys grow.
















Wednesday: I headed back to the outlet mall with a friend from high school. We found some awesome bargains (hat and mittens for only $0.16) and had to scoop them up. This required me to borrow an additional bag from Grandma Doris in order to bring back all of my goodies. We had lunch and it was time for nap, so Julie dropped me off and we agreed, it had been too long since we had seen each other. We ended the day with a nice long walk with Sam and Dylan. Spencer wanted to get out and run, so the last few houses he walked hand in hand with Grandma Doris and Grandpa Dan. AAWWWW





Thursday: We packed and packed and packed again (Spencer kept pulling everything out of the bags). Spencer also discovered Grandpa Dan's hats. He sat and played with the hats for almost a 1/2 hour (hey, that is a lot in Spencer time). Later that day we headed to the airport. The first leg of the trip was okay, but as I feared, we were seriously delayed in St. Louis because of the storms. Spencer was not happy, mama was not happy. We were ready for HOME. We finally arrived and Spencer was EXTREMELY excited to see his daddy and big sister.



Friday: I am home and touring the neighborhood. Oh my goodness I am soooooo relieved that I was not here. There is a lot of damage around the neighborhood. No one lost their homes, no one was hurt, but that was way to close. Our good friends and neighbors, Clay and Shyla had a storm shelter installed today. Simply too close.

2 comments:

Shyla said...

I'm glad you had a good and safe trip! Sounds like lots of fun!

Becky said...

Glad you had a good trip! It's nice to have you home.