Wednesday, January 25, 2012

If The Shoe Fits

I was told by my doctor that I needed to try and put a shoe on. Starting with 15 minutes each day and working my way up to no more than 4 hours a day.
Saturday I gathered my shoe and slipped a sock on my foot that hasn't felt the warm cotton against it in over a month.
I tried.
I cried.
I tried some more.
I loosen up the laces all the way and I squeezed my foot into my shoe.
A drag queen fits into a pair of high heels better than I could fit my shoe into a size 7 running shoe.
Can you tell which one is squeezed in?

After about an hour, I slowly removed my shoe, but unfortunately the entire imprint of the shoe was left behind on my poor, ugly, swollen foot.
Alas, another reality check that the healing is NOT done and I have a long way to go.
SIGH, Sniff, sniff.

2 comments:

Becky said...

You poor dear! Sorry it is so tough!

Shyla said...

Hope your recovery continues to go well