It seems that Tim Tebow if everywhere lately. Heck, he is even the topic of this blog post. First, I must say that I do not have a preference about this guy.
Today, I came across the fact that John Parr re-wrote his 1985 hit, "St. Elmo's Fire" in honor of Tebow. If you haven't heard it, click here.
Now, that alone ticked me off. I am rather fond of the original. I read a bit about why he altered the song and thus my quandary has begun. To like or dislike Tebow, that is the question......
Looking at other NFL players I have come to the conclusion that if young boys and girls idolize Tebow for kneeling to God instead of idolizing players like Michael Vick (dog lover that he is) or Plaxico Burress (accidently shot himself) and the list of NFL criminals is quite lengthy, then I think I'm just fine with that.
1 comment:
Listened to an NPR story about this tonight. I agree with the writer of (our beloved) song who said that he was willing to rewrite the lines because he liked Tebow. Why? Because Tebow believes in something. In a world where people don't believe in anything, let alone God, Tebow openly says, "I believe."
For that, I will also jump on the Tebow train.
Post a Comment