Yesterday was icky!!! The winds were horrible and the rain was constant, so we didn't do anything exciting during the day except buy two winter hats. We did make it to the Museum of Art yesterday and got to see a Monet and Renoir.
Today started out much better. We set out to see some lighthouses and anything that was interesting along the way. We tried to use the GPS, but realized it wasn't worth it because we kept finding things and go a different direction. So, we just drove, with no time schedule and no particular schedule (SOOOOO not me).
We stopped at Portland Head Lighthouse in Cape Elizabeth. This is an active lighthouse and it is the only one that you can go into.


The Portland Head Lighthouse is the most famous lighthouse. The rocks surrounding the lighthouse make for some pretty fantastic photographs. Yesterday during the Nor'Easter, the waves were crashing 30-40 feet into the air.


The next stop was Cape Elizabeth Lighthouse also in Cape Elizabeth, Maine. This was off the beaten path a bit, so a lot less traffic. On top of the rocks was a really cool worn down brick building, which made a really cool backdrop for some pictures.

I took a picture of these cattails because they seemed so perfect.

This is the Irish Heritage Center in downtown Portland. I absolutely love the architecture. The steeples are amazing, the doors were large and wooden. This place was just really neat.

This is a church in Kennebunkport. I LOVE the clock on the top of this. This whole church is just beautiful.

My favorite location thus far. This is an old, hand laid stone Episcopal church on the coast of Kennebunkport. The sunset was hitting this stones and it was just magnificent.

This is the door to the church, the round, hardwood door with the metal hinges and cross are amazing.

Sunset on the beach of Kennebunkport. Ahhhhh.
I will be posting MUCH more tomorrow. I have a ton more pictures from today, but don't have time to get them all uploaded. We haven't been in bed before midnight this entire trip.
3 comments:
What gorgeous pics! I'm glad you had a great trip
Gorgeous shots, my dear. That cattails or church one needs to be on a big honking 16x20 canvas in some room.
The shot of Madi in the door is beautiful! I am so ready to head northeast and have an east coast vacation myself.
Post a Comment