Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Teenager in the House

It is official, we have a teenager in the house. Madison turned 13 the day we were traveling back from New England, so there wasn't a lot of hubba-ba-loo that day. We had a small party on Saturday night. She invited three friends over and I took them to see the movie Secretariate. CAUTION - SIDETRACKED - GO SEE THIS MOVIE.

Anyway, the girls loved the movie and I enjoyed watching them sit on the edge of their seats waiting to see if the horse won the triple crown. They were shocked and amazed at the end of the movie when I told them it was a true story. They all loved it.
We came back and had some cake (um, yeah, the BEST cake - chocolate mousse from La Baguette. The girls played Wii and I of course took photos (no they are not posted here). Below are some interesting facts (13 to be exact) about our wonderful daughter, Madison Jo.


  1. Favorite Movie: Secretariate
  2. Favorite Food: Smoothies
  3. Favorite Color: Purple
  4. Favorite Song: You Think You're Cooler Than Me
  5. Favorite Musical Artist: Ke$ha
  6. Favorite School Subject: Reading (no surprise on this one)
  7. What she does in her spare time: Playing Zelda, Wizard101, Reading, Playing guitar/clarinet, writing stories/books
  8. Best Friends: Alexis, Jamie, Abby and Bailey
  9. Favorite Outfit to Wear: red cami, gray and black striped shirt with angel wings (rhinestones) and jeans (oh, don't forget the jewelry)
  10. Book she is reading now: The Rescue, Book 3
  11. Where she would like to go on vacation: Kings Island (Ohio) or Sea World (San Antonio)
  12. Who she admires and why: "My best friends, because we stick up for each other and they are like no other friends that I have had"
  13. The thing she likes most about herself? "That my style is different than others and it makes me unique"

I love my girl and am very proud of her.

2 comments:

Becky said...

That cake looks amazing! I gained weight just lookin' at it!
Happy late bday Madi! I still can't believe she is already 13. I'm next and I am SOOOO stealing your post idea. Oh, and you must use this for her scrapbook.

Shyla said...

Happy teenager time Madison! You're a great person and the next few years will be amazing for you!