Today we headed south to Massachusetts. We first made it to Salem. I really wanted to go to the memorial for those that died during the Salem Witch Trials. The traffic was horrible and as we soon realized, visiting Salem two weeks before Halloween was insane. The town is creepy to begin with and then you add in all of the townfolk who dress up (WEIRD, CREEPY, dressup). They all get into character and parade around town celebrating witchcraft and witches. This is really sad when the whole point was that the women and men really were NOT witches. Okay, promptly left Salem and headed to Glaucester (pronounced Glostah).
Gloucester is most well known for the location for the movie The Perfect Storm. We visited the Fisherman's Memorial, which was very cool and the Fisherman's Wife Memorial. The town itself is a blue collar fishing town. This is also where Kayla (my sister-in-law) and I split a lobster. This was the first time I have had lobster and especially the first time cracking one open. I can say that I have done it, I don't know if I would do it again - kinda gross. We could see a very beautiful stone church, so we decided to check it out. It is named St. Anne's. GORGEOUS!
We headed to Rockport after Gloucester and did some great shopping and of course took pictures of some fabulous scenery.
Rockport is much more sophisticated and artsy, so the shopping really was good.

Fisherman's Memorial

St. Anne's church in Gloucester.

Inside of St. Anne's church.

Gloucester's Town Hall.

Really cool door along the streets of Gloucester.

Church in Gloucester.

Motif #1 in Rockport Harbor, Massachusetts.


Boats tied up in Rockport Harbor.

Gateway to a home in Rockport.
LONG DAY!
2 comments:
I love the pics of the boats and the pics of the gate. Gorgeous!
Glad you guys had a good time.
Post a Comment