Friday, March 25, 2011

Harvard or Yale?

YALE
OR



Madison saw a commercial about the Oklahoma College Savings Plan and asked some questions and made some rather astounding comments.
Madi: "Do I have a college savings plan?"
Me: "Yes"
Madi: "Well, I've pretty much narrowed it down to Harvard or Yale. If I score a 32 on the ACT, then I can get scholarships."
Me: "REALLY, do you know how much those schools cost? I think you need to lower your standards."

Anyways, we did get some pretty exciting news on Thursday from the school district. Madison one of 15 seventh graders in the entire district that was nominated for the Moore Service League's Leadership Award. There are only three kids at her school and she had to be nominated by a teacher, a counselor and the principal. She earns a savings bond just for being nominated. On April 10th she has a two hour interview with three school officials and has to write an essay during that time. She won't find out the topic until that day.
She also has to have a resume (??? - haven't figured this one out, but I think it is supposed to be a summary of her activities and community service). She also has to include three letters of recommendation from a school official, one from a leader (pastor, coach, etc) and the last one can be from anyone. WOW, we are so very proud and excited for her.

3 comments:

Shyla said...

Congrats Madison! That's awesome!

And don't lower your standards... if Harvard or Yale are the choices set your goals high!

HMK said...

Way to go Madison!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to you mom and dad... i have a sneaking suspicion you two had a little something to do with it... LOL!

Becky said...

That is fabulous! Way to go Madison!