The past month and half our entire family has spent every moment working on the house, yard or cleaning. It has been mentally and physically exhausting. This weekend, there was nothing left to do. We sat on the couch and looked around and we weren't quite sure what to do.
Saturday we all went to a local amusement park and had Noble Roman's pizza and played mini golf. The kids played and we watched. Spencer would hit the ball, grab it and drop it in the hole and announce "I did it!" He was hilarious to watch him play. We played skee ball, basketball, bowling and lots of video games. Madison went straight for Guitar Hero. It was a good afternoon and Spencer took a good nap.
Today I decided to venture out to try and get some shopping done. I am NOT a fan of shopping. I get frustrated and I always buy the kids stuff and I get nothing. Today, that didn't happen (I am still in shock). He was the run down of what we accomplished today.
- Madi got a pair of TOMS shoes
- Spencer got new shirts and some shorts
- Spencer got two new pair of shoes (he wore his new alligator crocs the entire afternoon)
- Madi got a couple pairs of shorts
- I got some work shirts (t-shirts and polos)
- I got a new pair of shoes
Now, most women like to buy shoes, but I DESPISE it; it is worse than buying jeans. Everytime I try to buy walking/running shoes I explain how my feet work (meaning, they don't work correctly, I AM being serious). So, I usually buy a pair and wear them until they have holes in them - seriously - holes. I was told to go and visit a shoe store in OKC where they have a machine that scans/measures how you walk and based on the measurements, recommends what shoes to wear (meaning buy from them).
That little miraculous machine told me what I already knew - I have excessive inward rolling. What I didn't know was that 95% of walking/running shoes are made for cushion and only a few are made for stability (which is what I need, according to the machine that is). I tried on THEE pair (meaning the only ones in the store) and........HOLY COW, where have these shoes been at? LOVE THEM! They aren't much to look at, but hey, if my feet don't hurt, mama's happy!
2 comments:
I love the shoe story. Amazing that your feet aren't hurting you anymore! Woo hoo!!!
Thinking of you! Spring is here and so are new beginnings!!!
Post a Comment