Monday, May 28, 2012

The Day at the Museum

We started our day at the Field Museum where I was excited to Sue, the largest and most complete T-rex ever found. Sue was found in 1990 in the Badlands of South Dakota. Justin and I moved to South Dakota in 1994 and it was during this time when the fight for Sue began. The people of South Dakota really wanted to keep her in South Dakota and a large number of businessmen grouped together to try and keep (buy) her. Unfortunately all of the businessmen  (including the one I worked for at the time) in South Dakota couldn't compete with the big money of Chicago.
Sue was every bit of amazing and so was the museum. If you have ever seen "Night at the Museum" you would swear you were on the movie set.

It was 96 degrees in Chicago and we were all hot, tired and hungry and thank goodness for the McDonald's at the Field Museum. We grabbed lunch and 6 hours later took a break at the hotel. I asked Spencer was his favorite thing was,
"my toy from McDonalds."
I'm so glad we went to the museum for the McDonald's toy.

We finished the day at Willis Tower (Sears Tower) and the Sky Deck. Let's just say that the family had a blast. A blast of watching me freak out.

  • 4 elevator rides to the top that were hot and stuffy and JAMMED pack full of people speaking four different languages.
  • The elevators swaying and the feeling on the 99th floor of movement.
  • Looking out the window and watching a helicopter go by BELOW us.
We finally got to the top floor (103 or 104), I really don't know because I stopped looking.
It was really hot and packed full of people, but we managed to get to see some great views. I waited with the stroller why the other three ventured out onto the glass floor.



 We finished the evening with pizza pie. An old pizzeria that is famous for their pizza pies. Needless to say, we came away STUFFED.


After all of that, we came back to the hotel and crashed!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm not sure I could've handled the glass floor either. Scares me a bit just seeing them standing there.