Today was an awful day. Someone stole my wallet. Yes, this probably happens all over the world to hundreds or thousands of people each day. Today it happened to me and it is awful.
I have no driver's license or photo ID of any kind.
I have no Social Security card.
I have no debit or ATM cards.
I have no credit cards.
I have no insurance cards.
Someone has all of our (my entire family) social security numbers.
It probably took someone less than a minute to steal my wallet and I have so far spent about 3 hours trying to get it fixed. Tomorrow I will probably spend at least another 4-5 hours trying to prove who I am.
Thank goodness for the lady at work who stayed past 5 o'clock in order to get me a new work ID (with a picture on it). I will go to get a new driver's license tomorrow armed with my birth certificate and work ID to prove who I am. These are the only two things I have to prove my identity.
Next is on to the Social Security office. I will have to show them my newly acquired driver's license in order to apply for a new card. Then to the bank to get new debit cards also with my new driver's license.
The list goes on and on.
When this first happened, I was in shock. Freaked out, what do I do, kinda at a standstill.
Now I am mad, ANGRY to be exact.
I ate lunch in the cafeteria of OU Children's Hospital, right next door to my building. My entire day is spent running tests on children and adults from OU Medical Center. The only reason you come to OU Children's Hospital is because you have a child there or you are visiting a child there. So what disturbs me beyond words is that someone would steal from someone who is helping the children in the hospital.
I have a pit in my stomach because of this.
I learned so many lessons from this today.
2 comments:
I hope you never have to use your newly acquired skills again.
That's poopy! Mean people suck!
Post a Comment