Needless to say, we went and Spencer poured water, ran through the sprinkler and even managed not to get a sunburn. There were about 30 people total and about 15 kiddos. They all had a good time. I took frequent trips to the restroom (inside in the air conditioning).
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Water Play Day
On Sunday our church hosted a water play day for the kids. First of all, our church is small. Second of all, 60% of the congregation is probably over the age of 60. There isn't a lot of children around. When we take Spencer to church, the older ladies just love him. We just weren't sure how many people would actually be there and we weren't sure if we wanted to go because it was hot, like 98 degrees hot. According to my husband, I don't like the heat. I gather that statement comes from my constant whining that, "I'm hot and feel gross." Get the picture, it was HOT!
Needless to say, we went and Spencer poured water, ran through the sprinkler and even managed not to get a sunburn. There were about 30 people total and about 15 kiddos. They all had a good time. I took frequent trips to the restroom (inside in the air conditioning).
I think Spencer was complaining that dad got him wet. I don't think he understood the concept of "water play" = getting wet.
Needless to say, we went and Spencer poured water, ran through the sprinkler and even managed not to get a sunburn. There were about 30 people total and about 15 kiddos. They all had a good time. I took frequent trips to the restroom (inside in the air conditioning).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awesome ... and now that he gets the concept of wet play ... he can apply this new skill ... he,he (insert evil snicker here)
Too fun!
Post a Comment