
Today was a big outing for Spencer and I. We went to the mall for the first time and I figured out how to use the stroller. What I learned today is that the basket on the bottom of the stroller had to be designed by a man because it is soooo stinkin small. I brought the small and stylish diaper bag with me today (see what I learned about that below) and it barely fit in the basket. So, once I actually made a purchase, the bag wouldn't fit in the stroller. Shopping immediately ceased because I could not drive the stroller one handed and carry a shopping bag. Time to go to Target to purchase diapers and formula.
Arrived at Target and Spencer was awake, but content. I picked up my diapers and formula and realized that while sitting so cute and quiet in the car seat, Spencer did his business in his diaper...off to the family restroom. I of course pull out the small (but stylish) diaper bag and place the changing pad down, pull out a diaper and the two packages of travel size wipes. I begin to undress Spencer and realized, it had happened...the explosion that took place in his diaper required that all clothing be removed ---CAREFULLY. I begin to clean up the explosion and realize that the first package of wipes (travel size of course because they had to fit into the small but stylish diaper bag) was already gone. So, I begin to conserve wipes, but it was no use. The second package of wipes (travel size of course) was also gone. I had to resort to wet paper towels to finally clean up the mess. I did have a clean onesie in the bag, so at least I had something clean to put on him.
So, what did I learn today - there is a reason that diaper bags are made large. You are supposed to put a full package of wipes in the bag for these types of emergencies! You are also supposed to put some type of plastic bag in for the dirty clothes that not only stink, but you really don't want touching things like, oh let's see - BOTTLES.
So, today really wasn't about what I learned, it was really about how much I have forgotten in 10 years since Madison was born.
3 comments:
OH NO Misty!! I feel your pain. I remember those days like they were yesterday. I think you should write a book about what is a MUST to be packed in the diaper bag.
Take care!!!!
Pam
Sounds like a pretty eventful day!
I definitely feel your pain! Don't worry the explosive diaper days will be gone before you know it!
Post a Comment