Saturday, September 15, 2012

Almost a Year

We have been in our new house almost a year and there are still empty walls. Thanks to Pinterest, I have been getting the motivation to hang something on those walls. The first room was the easiest and it was Spencer's. It has a sports theme to it because we wanted something that wasn't a fad and would last a bit longer than Toy Story or Spider Man.

These frames were hanging in his old room, but I didn't like the white. I spray painted them and added some sports themed die-cuts. I am NOT good at spray painting, but oh well.
I also found a large wooden "S" that I painted blue.

Here is one wall before:
 
 and after:


 
 Another before wall:


 and after:
  
The white board is actually a wipe board. Spencer loves to color and it will be useful later as a chore chart.

I am NOT a decorating guru at all. My awesome friend Becky came over and went room to room with me. We looked at what I already had, what could be re-purposed and what I needed to possibly buy.

We went shopping at Gordman's and Hobby Lobby and I think I got most of the stuff for each of the rooms. Some of the items take some work, I love crafty projects, but I am really short on time. So this might take a bit. I am hoping to have some more pictures to share later of other rooms.

1 comment:

Becky said...

His room looks great! And it doesn't all have to be done one day, so take your time and enjoy the process.