Saturday, September 1, 2012

Beer Bread

Fall is coming up and I cannot wait to cook everything fall. One of my favorite things is to bake beer bread to go along with some delicious soup or chicken and dumplings. It is moist and kinda sweet. 



Recipe:
3 Cups self rising flour
1/2 Cup sugar
 12oz beer (any kind)

 
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix dry ingredients, add beer and stir using spoon. Do not use a mixer. The dough will become very sticky. Pour into greased loaf pan or mini pans.



For the large loaf, bake around 55 minutes. Once the top is golden brown, it is done. For the smaller loaves, start checking around 35 minutes.


When it is done, spread some butter over the top and voila, instant yummi-ness!!


Try it out, it is delish!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Man, oh man...I love beer bread and I would sure love a load of it for Christmas...wink, wink.