Spencer had his 4 year old well check last week and it was far from perfect. I told Spencer that we were going to the doctor's office and he immediately planted his feet as if they were stuck on concrete, while stating, "I don't wanna go to the doctor!" over and over and over.
So, with a promise to stop and get a doughnut, we at least made it into the van.
We did stop for doughnuts and he immediately picked the ones shaped and decorated like a football. We were a bit early, so we sat in the van and ate our doughnuts and drank our chocolate milk.
I needed to clean him up and get the chocolate out from underneath his fingers and from across his face.
"Come on Spencer, let's get cleaned up so we can go to the doctor."
"No, I don't wanna go!"
Thus, my van became a game of hide and seek. This was NOT a fun game that I enjoy at all!
We finally make it to the doctor's office and I had to carry Spencer inside like a one year old. Instead I walk in with his skinny long legs wrapped around my body to an office with no electricity. We sat and waited to see if it came back on.
Luckily, it came on minutes after we sat down and we were first to see the doctor.
I only had a few questions about Spencer and I was more than curious about his weight. At his 3 year old appointment he only weighed 33 pounds. There are two year old that weigh more than he does. I knew he was tall and skinny, so I was interested to see that he gained 1.8 pounds. Woot, woot. He's almost 35 pounds! His statistics were good, 37% for his weight, 62% for his height and his BMI was 14%. To me the BMI is almost laughable compared to what mine is. Anyway, the boy is skinny, 14% body fat isn't a lot of padding for a rough and tumble boy.
Spencer has a small issue with his feet, but is otherwise, "perfect" according to the doctor. I kinda laughed out load when she said that because no one has ever used that word to describe Spencer except when he was born.
He is:
Hell on Wheels
All Boy
A Pistol
and every other analogy that has been used to describe him including
PERFECT.

No comments:
Post a Comment