Saturday, December 10, 2011

It Was Meant To Be

Madison L-O-V-E-S Transiberian Orchestra and of course they were going to be in town for a concert. We checked the ticket prices and for the nosebleed section it was going to $125 and for the lower seats but completely on the side of the stage, those were $164. I just couldn't see paying that much money for horrible seats, so unfortunately I told her we couldn't go. Let me remind you that Madison is in LOVE, LOVE, LOVE with this group and the fact that they have some killer guitars, only added to the disappointment.
On the way to work on Thursday, I heard they were giving away 2nd row seats, but I didn't know the answer to the question. Thus, I did not win.
The winner is......OMG, I know who won the tickets. My mind immediately starts racing and I couldn't wait to get to work so I could talk to this person.
Rushing in and saying congrats for winning, I asked if they wanted to sell the tickets (I wasted no time). Um, she didn't know, they were for her husband. She was going to let me know. UUUggg waiting.....

They were willing to sell the tickets to us at face value, but they didn't want the money. The money was going to be used to create food baskets and fulfill toy wish lists at church. Even better, this was a total win-win situation. After Justin and I discussed it, we agreed to pay the face value of the tickets, plus a bit more the the kindness of letting us go. It was all going to a good cause anyway.
I was completely giddy with this and couldn't wait to tell Madison. We waited until Friday night when we were putting up our tree. Now, I didn't received the screaming that I expected, instead she was speechless. She knew how much the nosebleed tickets were and she just didn't know what to say. She did manage to say thank you.
SOOOOO, here is what TSO looks like from the 2nd row. By the way, both had earplugs in the whole night and they (Justin and Madi) are pretty sure they lost some eyebrows during the pyrotechnics part of the show!










From what I understand, it was amazing. I am so glad we were able to do this for her and help out some many needy families at the same time. What an awesome feeling!

3 comments:

Shyla said...

Clay and I took my folks to see the show a couple of years ago. We sat somewhere between nosebleed and the floor and the show was amazing. They do so much I honestly don't think there is a bad seat in the house. I'm glad Madison got to go!

theharrisgirl said...

Awesome! TSO is fantastic. We play their CDs nonstop from thanksgiving on. We saw them three years ago and our ears are still ringing!

Becky said...

What a wonderful win-win! She will always remember that night!