Friday night I went to my friend Becky's house to make Christmas gift for Madison. I soooo want to post on here, but that would give it away. The item turned out great and I couldn't have done it without help!
Saturday morning was pouring rain, but we had to go out anyway. The first item that we had to do was find the band uniform (black pants and long sleeve white shirt). This sounds easy enough, but remember, I was shopping with a teenager! We lucked out and she found something in the first store (thank Lord or oh thank you).
My next stop was getting my tires aired up and oil change (dear van, I'm so sorry I have neglected you, I will try to do better).
Madi and I headed to guitar lessons and got completely stuck in traffic. Evidently a semi trailer crashed carrying hazardous, highly flammable material, so it shut the interstate down completely in both directions!! My gas light came on, wonderful...I got off the interstate and weaved my way to Yukon the only way I knew..AKA the long way! I just took the GPS out of my van, dang it! We made, but she was late.
Whew - so it was just now 1pm and we headed back to the city to make more stops (gas station being one of them).
The highlight of my day was that Justin and I were able to go Christmas shopping (yep, just the two of us) and go to dinner (yep, just the two of us). We got almost all of our shopping done, but of course I am paying the price for being on my feet for five hours. My foot is cursing me out and yelling at me, which is why I have been up insanely early today. Foot surgery is scheduled for Dec. 22nd and thus why the To Do lists are a little extra crazy right now. The rest of today will be the 40 min drive to church, Madi's confirmation classes and then a baby shower. Somewhere in between we will eat and I will work on this next week's To Do list which no doubt will be just as long.
No comments:
Post a Comment