Thursday, December 22, 2011

Surgery

So, there is no fancy title for this post. It is more matter of fact than anything else. Tomorrow I will have surgery on my right foot. I have a fractured bone that has been there three years on Sunday (yes, fell down the stairs on Christmas morning carrying Spencer - he was 4 months old) and it has gotten so bad that it has to be removed.
Everyone has been shocked about why this surgery two days before Christmas. Well, our lives are chaotic. The house functions ( and I mean functions) with two parents driving Madison to her multiple activities and picking up Spencer along the way. It is a tag team. One day I drive to dance and Justin stays home with Spencer and plays, bathes and builds the most amazing train tracks. Other days he goes to dance class and listens to the ladies try to relive their youth through their daughters (totally HIS words) and I build a single stack of blocks and make a straight train track.
The bottom line is, for the next 10 days I will be off of my foot completely and Madison doesn't have guitar lessons or dance classes or school or any other function that she needs to be at. She will be here to help her mama and keep her daddy from losing his marbles. So, yes it is two days before Christmas, but it is the only possible time to get this done.
So, to my amazing husband who is going to rule the house for the next couple of weeks and to my daughter who is going to help her mommy, THANKS.
Thanks to all of you (meaning my readers or should I say reader, not really sure who actually reads this blog anyway) for the well wishes and prayers, all of them truly appreciated.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Good luck, Misty, with your recovery. Justin has always shined brightly in crisis situations.

Nicole said...

HI!!! I know, next time you are our gal!
Merry Christmas!

Shyla said...

Good luck! Get well soon!